Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Year 2018 closing soon


This has been a busy year, this has been a fast year. I haven't post anything yet, so yes, here I am, still surviving in the market.

In terms of investment, it has been a tough year. There has been ups and downs. I had some success with Comfort, WBA counters, but really hit bad by some counters like Singpost, QAF. so the year would not be performing so well overall, but one consolation is that USD has strengthened, and that will give some currency gains.

Any lesson learned? ya I figure is that by all means be prudent and don't over commit, because you would never know that a rosy counter would turn out to be a bomb. It could go low, average down is fine, but bear in mind it will go lower.

The real question is, what's the sustainable way to make profits? keep taking or ride the bull for long time? that's something for me to think about. some profit taking had been good moves, but some proved to be not so good. If the overall return is still like this so so, why not just dump everything into a gov savings bond and earn predictable 2.x%?

This year I figure I would be looking at a small loss again or some margin profit. overall not so satisfied but as I said still can survive it. will post it when the year close.

Thanks for reading and all the best with investing!



Disclaimer: This post is not a call to buy or sell. Plse do your own analysis and make investment decisions.

No comments: